COVID related documents translated
Vaccination information related to Norfolk and Waveney supported by INTRAN:
|Covid Vaccination Information||Common Covid Vaccination Concerns|
|Swahili (Kiswahili)||Swahili (Kiswahili)|
|Slovakian (Slovensky)||Slovakian (Slovensky)|
|Romanian (Română)||Romanian (Română)|
|Lithuanian (Lietuvis)||Lithuanian (Lietuvis)|
|Portuguese (Português)||Portuguese (Português)|
|Latvian (Latvietis)||Latvian (Latvietis)|
|Kurdish Sorani (Kurdî)||Kurdish Sorani (Kurdî)|
|Farsi Persian (فارسی)||Farsi Persian (فارسی)|
|Chinese Mandarin (中國人)||Chinese Mandarin (中國人)|
|Russian (русский)||Russian (русский)|
Information correct as of 10th February 2021
Dr Davis Nwaka from the James Paget University Hospital explains why it is so important for people from BAME backgrounds to have the vaccine.
National translated resources
The Government has released translated guidance for:
- Covid-19 Vaccination: Guide for adults
- Covid-19 Vaccination: What to expect after a vaccination
- Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection.
- Information for protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable
Public Health England has published a migrant health guide on NHS entitlements available in multiple languages.
NHS England and NHS Improvement (London) - Vaccine information in community languages
NHS doctors, nurses and other frontline staff in London have come forward to help reassure communities that COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and have been independently tested to the highest standards. NHS staff have recorded messages in some of the most commonly spoken languages – apart from English – to help ensure messages about the importance of getting a COVID-19 vaccine reach all communities.
Doctors of the World translations of NHS guidance
Doctors of the World, in collaboration with other civil society partners, are translating official government guidance on COVID-19 into over 60 languages:
- Bengali PDF translation বাংলা | Audio বাংলা
- Hindi PDF translation हिन्दी | Audio हिन्दी
- Urdu PDF translation اردو | Audio اردو
- Punjabi PDF translation ਪੰਜਾਬੀ | (Audio ਪੰਜਾਬੀ)
- Polish PDF translation Jezyk Polski | Audio Jezyk Polski
- Kiswahili PDF translation |Audio Kiswahili
- Malayalam PDF translation മലയാളം | Audio മലയാളം
- Nepali PDF translation नेपाली | Audio नेपाली
Vaccination information for Muslim communities
Information about the vaccination programme is available on the Muslim Council of Britain website, and from the British Islamic Medical Association. Both sites examine frequently asked questions and look at the truth behind each statement.