News

You will find in this category news and articles published by the CCG.

Help us to help you this New Year – Norfolk and Waveney’s health and care system under pressure
31 Dec 2021

Help us to help you this New Year – Norfolk and Waveney’s health and care system under pressure

With health and care services in Norfolk and Waveney under unprecedented pressure, people are being urged to use services wisely and to look after themselves and others this New Year and over the bank holiday.

2021: A reflection of key events, announcements and activities
31 Dec 2021

2021 has been another incredibly challenging year as everyone around the world tried to recover from the impact of COVID-19. The impact of the coronavirus pandemic has been unprecedented, but as science rapidly developed, vaccinations and treatments came on stream to help us all see some light at the end of the tunnel. The intense pressure on our health and care services continued to mount, and now more than ever, NHS and care staff are working harder than ever before to help deliver the biggest vaccination programme in recent history as well as help take care of many people who had treatments delayed during the first lockdown and those who need routine help now life is returning to some kind of normality.

Below is a snapshot of some of the key events, announcements and activities that have taken place…

NHS urges people in Norfolk and Waveney to ring in the New Year with a Covid booster
29 Dec 2021

The NHS Covid vaccination programme continues at pace and local people who have not yet come forward for their vital top-up vaccine are being encouraged to get boosted now.

Latest figures show that 80% of the eligible population in Norfolk and Waveney have now had their booster vaccine, and health chiefs are urging the remaining 20% to take up the offer and have a ‘Jabby New Year’.

Use the Chrimbo limbo to grab yourself a merry little booster this ’twixtmas
23 Dec 2021

Whatever you call the days that fall between Christmas and New Year, they present the perfect time to grab yourself a jab and enter 2022 fully boosted.

Vaccination centres will be open for booked appointment slots and walk ins from 27 December to 31 December across Norfolk and Waveney. 

The CCGs latest news and events

In The News